07 December 2008

Here It Goes Again

It snowed yesterday. After last winter, I wasn't expecting snowfall this early in southern Indiana yet woke up to light, fluffy flakes drifting down outside my window. There's nothing like snow, especially around this time of year. It reminds me to slow down, to really be thoughtful about what I'm doing. In the middle of finishing coursework and attempting to tie up loose ends before the semester concludes, it was a welcome reminder to breathe, to take stock.

I've missed blogging. In the past, I blogged frequently, mostly about teaching elementary school and then the application to graduate school and then my blogging habits took a backseat to all the insanity that is the actual graduate school experience. I miss it. So here I am. Starting it over again. Yet another Neurotic Knitter starting their own little place on the Internet. Despite the title, I'm unsure this will be solely a knitting blog - how many of us are solely knitters and nothing more? - but a place to dump my thoughts about the goings-on of the world, what's currently gracing my iPod, the books that find their way onto my night stand, and my attempts to figure out what I am doing with my life. Of course there will be knitting, but there may be other things as well. You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment