06 July 2011

More Silverware

More Vintage Silverware

I bought more starburst silverware while thrifting over the holiday weekend. I couldn't resist, really. It was six pieces for a dollar and there were tons of forks and soup spoons and, well, I thought I didn't have enough of them. 

One look at my silverware drawer (and the look on Manfriend's face when he found me at the checkout, silverware in hand) reminded me that I was wrong. 

But! (There's always a but when thrifting, isn't there?) But! There were patterns that I didn't have: 

More Vintage Silverware - New Patterns

I'm particularly loving the closest pattern, with the nebulous stars. I wasn't able to track down much information about any of the patterns, save for the one farthest away. It's a pattern from Hull called Enchanted Star. I only know that much from the stamp on the back. 

So: I have too much silverware. 

But: I will be prepared for the next large gathering. That's it. Eco-party planning. That's what I will call it. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Starburst Silverware collector too! I love the pieces you show! AWESOME! ~ Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I really have less then ten pieces myself, but I'm not giving up ;)

    ReplyDelete