15 February 2010

Snow Day


Indiana had several bucket loads of snow dumped on it overnight, part the Snowpocalypse, covering everything in several inches of white stuff. If you know me, you know that I'm anything but averse to massive amounts of the white stuff. I totally dig it, particularly when it means I'm snowed in. (This last sentence assumes that I have a decent supply of milk and maintain power, fyi.) 

Today, however, was a teaching day and my class is right after lunch. Surely, the roads would be cleared by then, no? By noon, I had received eight emails and texts from students letting me know they were snowed in themselves. With one-third of my students unable to make it I made the call and spent the rest of class time throwing together a YouTube clip going over what I would have done in class that day. 


Oh, yes. There is nothing like going over MSV analysis on a YouTube clip. I'm looking away because our landlord was shoveling right then and gave me a bit of a start. 


I spent a good portion of the day working, although I did manage to work through two more of Lynda Barry's books. I love her and must make a note to self to write about why sometime soon. Also worked through a few rows on my Habitat, which I hoped to have ready for this weekend's trip to Pittsburgh but fear may be my airplane knitting. There just are not enough hours in the day. 

The snow's still coming down. I'm unsure it's stopped all day. I am perfectly okay with this, although I fear I shall have no choice but to venture out into the wider world tomorrow. And in preparation, I'll take my blueberry muffins out of the oven and venture off to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment